Who we are
Make Anything Pop Up is based in Brooklyn, NY, USA. The site was founded in 2012 by paper engineer Katherine Belsey, and featured her designs exclusively until 2019, when she opened it up as a marketplace for other paper engineers, designers and artists.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Any comments you make will be public and will remain visible indefinitely, unless a moderator removes them. If you contact Make Anything Pop Up directly we will keep your messages indefinitely as a reference, just in case you want to follow up later.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- To obtain a pop-up card template you must create an account and fill out a contact form. The information you provide is necessary to access your purchase (or your free template). Creating a user account does NOT automatically put you on a newsletter list.
- You have the option to sign up for newsletters when you register on the site by clicking on a checkbox, or you can also sign up here without making any purchases. Either way you will need to confirm your subscription by clicking on a link in the automated confirmation email you will receive after filling out the form.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information we collect
- Email address
- Newsletter: opens, clicks, opt-ins
How we protect your data
- No financial information is ever collected or stored on this website. All transactions go through Paypal.
- While we will do everything we can to keep our service secure, in the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
Consent to Collect
- We collect data from users that have created accounts with us.
- We ask for consent during the account creation process with a checkbox. A link to this page is provided during the account creation process.
- The legal basis for us to collect the data is to be able to provide you with a service.
What third parties we receive data from and where we store data
- Paypal (credit card processor)
- Flywheel (website host)
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We prefer to make non-algorithmic decisions. We are very old-fashioned in that way. But on occasion we can be inspired by our user data: The Kaaba pop-up card, for example, was designed after discovering that many pop-up card enthusiasts come from muslim-majority countries.